In today’s sluggish economy, competition can be keen and every advantage helps in business. One of the most important resources you can have is a healthy network of individuals who support each other.
Here are a few tips for succeeding in your networking:
1. Be genuine in your conversations. The most important part of networking is building relationships based on trust and helping others.
2. Evaluate your goals before choosing networking events. Be able to articulate what it is you are looking for and how others can help you achieve it.
3. Know yourself. What do you do and for whom? What makes the way you accomplish it different or successful? Evaluate what you do so you can clearly explain it to others in conversation.
4. Visit many different groups. The opportunities for networking are numerous, but they are not all created equal. Examine the tone of groups by visiting before committing to membership. Are they supportive? Is there competent leadership?
5. Consider holding a volunteer position. This can keep you visible in an organization or community and helps you give back to those who have helped you.
6. Use open-ended questions in conversations. Asking how, why, who, when and where leave room for a conversation to grow more easily than questions that can be answered with a simple yes or no.
7. Ensure you follow through quickly and efficiently on referrals you are given. Those who give you referrals are extending trust that you will represent them well.
8. Become a resource for others. Networking is a give and take relationship, and becoming known for being helpful to others can open up new doors for you.
Following these tips will help you make the most of the time you spend networking and create relationships that will help you in the future. Also consider including your business banking expert in your
Bankers have ties to many services and businesses you may need. Set up an appointment to find out how our business banking experts can help you.