JOB POSITION POSTING
Commercial Loan Underwriter
Job Title: Commercial Loan Underwriter
Location: Rancho Cordova
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide an extraordinary Client experience for Clients, Prospects, and Teammates of American River Bank while exhibiting professionalism, confidentiality and the desire to assist.
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration of the assigned loan portfolio with a focus on monitoring credit risk and quality of the loan portfolio.
- Working in conjunction with an assigned Relationship Manager, manage the creation of new credits, spread and analyze financial statements, order and review 3rd party reports, underwrite more complex loans and prepare credit presentations and make credit recommendations for C&I and CRE loans, ranging from simple to complex credits.
- Manage the renewal process by engaging with the Client, securing all required financial documents, analyzing financial data to determine the merits of specific loan requests, and making recommendations as to how to structure new & renewing loans.
- May train or assist more junior Commercial Loan Underwriters
- Monitor loan repayment activities and the financial condition of borrowing clients within the assigned portfolio and assist in taking necessary action to collect past due accounts.
- Prepare annual commercial real estate reviews, when needed, and recommend proper risk grades.
- Adhere to applicable regulations and policies including but not limited to: Fair Lending, Equal Credit Opportunity, CRA, Flood Insurance, RESPA, HMDA and BSA.
- Responsible for adhering to bank's policies, procedures and human resource guidelines.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of commercial real estate and C&I lending practices, as well as the lending approval process.
- Extensive commercial real estate and C&I credit underwriting and documentation experience required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient PC skills, including Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook and other applicable software programs.
- 5 years of banking and/or commercial credit related experience preferred.
- Four-year degree from an accredited college preferred. Accounting, Finance or Real Estate studies and/or background desired.
The above description is not all-inclusive and American River Bank may change or modify this or any position as may be necessary.