Private Page for Employee Reference
Taking Care of Our ARB Family
Posted Friday, March 27
The ARB Employee webpage you are viewing can easily be accessed anywhere. Please save the address https://www.americanriverbank.com/The_Pulse but do not share it with people outside the Bank. Please check this page each workday morning for pertinent Bank information.
HOURS AND STAFFING
- All Branches ARE OPEN. Bradshaw office has Re-Opened. Welcome Back Team!!!
- Lobby Hours are 10 am-3 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Branch Team Members are in the office and available 8:30 am to 4:30 pm to assist over the phone and through email.
- Zinfandel Office Doors will remain locked until 8 AM and automatically re-lock at 4 PM.
- Please keep your key fob with you at all times.
- Please vacate Zinfandel by 5:30 pm each day for the safety of all!
PLEASE KEEP WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES
- Designated Employee Letter (sent from Olivia Torres on 3/24) in the vehicle you take to/from work as proof of being an employee of American River Bank, an essential business.
- The link to this private webpage (AmericanRiverBank.com/The_Pulse) for easy reference.
- Bank Phone List
- Please print a hard copy of the Bank Phone list and keep it with you any time you leave the Bank. (A copy at home, in your car and/or in your purse or briefcase.)
- Those working remotely should add the number to Pronet – 866-363-1375.
- What To Do If You Are Sick
- If you do not feel well, please CALL your manager, do not go in for an-in person conversation.
- Please take a look at this quick & easy reference tool from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/sick-with-2019-nCoV-fact-sheet.pdf
- Employee Assistance Program – This is a stressful time – through our benefit plan, you have 3 free counseling sessions. Please use them if needed! Their number is 888-893-5893.
A Message from Dave Ritchie
THANK YOU. I cannot say it enough. I am grateful that we have a team in place that is working together to take care of each other and of our clients. I continue to be impressed and thankful for your continued commitment to work through this as a Team.
As you know, we are considered an essential service (Bank, grocery, hospital, gas, law/fire) so we are legally obligated to continue to serve clients. That said, we are 100% committed to taking care of YOU, a valued member of our ARB Family. While we want to act quickly, we must also think decisions through so we don’t create bigger and more complicated problems. As soon as we have information we are sending it out to you. Thank you for your patience.
HERE IS WHAT WE ARE DOING TO SUPPORT YOU
- Paid Leave - We care about you and your family.
- Employees impacted by the Coronavirus whether through school closure, exposure or illness will be granted up to 80 hours of paid leave time. If more time off is needed, employees will also be eligible for emergency FMLA leave which will cover up to 2/3 of their regular rate of pay.
- Of course, employees can use any accrued time off to supplement their wages while on leave. This includes the need for you to stay home with your minor aged children.
- If you have individual needs to be addressed, please work with your Manager or Human Resources. Each employee has unique needs and we are committed to doing what we can to address you as individuals.
We are working to reduce the amount of social interaction as best we can. To date we have taken the following steps:
- Encouraged Social Distancing while in Branches and Reduced Branch Hours
- Limitied the number of clients allowed in the branches at one time.
- Reduced the Lobby Hours system-wide.
- Working Remotely
- We consider all INDIVIDUAL Team Members essential. Because Zinfandel has the highest concentration of employees they were “thinned out” first, by getting essential positions set up to work remotely. Some functions simply cannot be completed remotely and those individuals will continue to work onsite.
- Encouraging Digital Banking
- We continue to educate clients (via Personal calls, Emails, Website postings, door signage and in-branch signage) about all digital and remote tools that are available.
- Encouraging anyone who is ill or been around anyone with illness to refrain from entering branches (via signs at all entrances).
- Removed chairs from Branch lobbies to discourage people from staying in-branch longer than needed.
- Established increased cleaning schedules all surfaces with bleach wipes.
Please know we appreciate and value you, and above all want you to remain safe and healthy!