Installing Webroot SecureAnywhere
- Why are you offering the Webroot SecureAnywhere software?
- What does it protect?
- Who is Webroot?
- Is Webroot software different from the bank than I can get directly from Webroot?
- What is the difference between my antivirus and Webroot SecureAnywhere Identity Shield?
- What happens if my Webroot SecureAnywhere Identity Shield detects a threat?
Day-to-Day use of Webroot SecureAnywhere
- How do I install Webroot SecureAnywhere?
- How can I see the user interface?
- Do I need to have administrator rights to install the Webroot SecureAnywhere software?
- I am not technical. Is the software difficult to set up?
- I’m having problems installing Webroot SecureAnywhere, what should I do?
- How do I uninstall Webroot SecureAnywhere?
- Will Webroot SecureAnywhere affect my use of the internet?
- Will Webroot SecureAnywhere effect any applications on my device?
- Is there a user guide on how to use the Webroot SecureAnywhere software?
- Will I need regular definition updates for Webroot SecureAnywhere software?
- Where do I go for customer support?
Webroot SecureAnywhere Identity Shield
- What are the system requirements to install and run the Webroot SecureAnywhere?
- What operating systems and browsers does Webroot SecureAnywhere software work on?
- Will the Webroot SecureAnywhere software slow down my PC?
- Do I still need to use the existing anti-virus software on my PC?
- What is the purpose of the Identity Shield?
- What sorts of threats are detected and stopped by the ID Shield?
- What happens when Webroot SecureAnywhere ID Shield detects a malicious web site?
- Will my Webroot SecureAnywhere Identity Shield remove threats?
Why are you offering the Webroot SecureAnywhere software?
The sensitive information you share on the internet is invaluable to fraudsters. Without protecting this information all of the time, your identity and your money may be at risk. Webroot SecureAnywhere provides you with an additional layer of protection when you are banking, shopping and transacting online.
What does it protect?
Webroot SecureAnywhere protects all the details that you may share with an internet banking, web shopping or social networking website, such as: login details, passwords, account numbers, credit card details, social security numbers and personal information such as addresses, dates of birth etc. Webroot SecureAnywhere protects these details all of the time against threats from phishing sites and malicious software, which may try to steal your information.
Who is Webroot?
Webroot is a leading supplier of PC security products for the last 16 years. Their products are designed to be fast, effective and user-centric, whilst providing a high level of protection for your PC and the information you share on the internet.
Is Webroot software different from the bank than I can get directly from Webroot?
Yes. The Webroot software from the bank is Webroot SecureAnywhere Identity Shield and is not directly available from Webroot. It is exclusive to the bank for the bank customers only.
What is the difference between my antivirus and Webroot SecureAnywhere Identity Shield?
Webroot SecureAnywhere Identity Shield (WSA ID Shield) is designed to work on top of any other any other security product you already have. WSA ID Shield is very light, fast and effective and is unique in the following ways.
- WSA ID Shield adds a secondary layer of protection and is designed to neutralise hard to detect malicious software such as banking Trojans by using a series of generic protection mechanisms, keeping your identity and on-line activity secure.
- WSA ID Shield does not use virus definition updates that become out of date, instead WSA accesses a sophisticated on-line intelligence network in real-time to determine the nature of a threat. By using the vast computing power of its cloud network, WSA ID Shield knows about brand new threats in seconds rather than taking hours or days, significantly reducing the damaging effects of new threats.
- WSA ID Shield is the lightest and fastest antivirus product in the industry, around 0.7 megabytes in size, so it downloads and installs in seconds and has virtually no impact on your devices performance.
- WSA ID Shield is the most effective software at detecting and blocking banking malware.
What happens if my Webroot SecureAnywhere Identity Shield detects a threat?
When a malware detection occurs you will be asked to upgrade. Then the threats can then be removed. Clicking on Upgrade Now will take you to a Webroot web page where you can select the options required. Upgrading to Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus, Plus or Complete provides a great many benefits over other traditional antivirus products. Once upgraded, you can uninstall your existing Antivirus.
Installing Webroot SecureAnywhere
How do I install Webroot SecureAnywhere?
The entire Webroot SecureAnywhere agent which is around 700 kilobytes will be downloaded onto your PC within seconds. Depending on the browser, you will be presented with a choice to Run, Save or Cancel. Click Run to continue. You may also see a security warning. Just click Run. After the Run button is pressed the WSA will begin to install and the initial installation screen will be shown. Click on the Agree and Install. Depending on your PC's security settings, you may see the warning about allowing the program make these changes. Just click Yes. After a few seconds WSA ID Shield will be installed. Click Close to complete installation.
How can I see the user interface?
The easiest way to access your user interface is by double clicking on the Webroot tray icon.
You will then be taken to the User Interface.
Do I need to have administrator rights to install the Webroot SecureAnywhere software?
Yes, to install the software administrator rights are required.
I am not technical. Is the software difficult to set up?
No. The Webroot SecureAnywhere has been designed to be simple, fast and intuitive to set up and run. It takes just a few seconds to download and install, after which you will be fully protected.
I’m having problems installing Webroot SecureAnywhere, what should I do?
In the event of any installation problems you can contact Webroot support by clicking on Webroot Support and if you cannot find the answer you are looking for click on the link Open a Support Ticket link and create a support ticket. An engineer will soon get in touch with you or alternatively click here for 24/7 support .
How do I uninstall Webroot SecureAnywhere?
If you need to uninstall Webroot SecureAnywhere, you should:
- Open the Windows control panel
- Select “uninstall a program” or “Programs and Features”
- Select Webroot SecureAnywhere, and uninstall
Day-to-Day use of the Webroot SecureAnywhere software
Will Webroot SecureAnywhere affect my use of the internet?
No. The Webroot SecureAnywhere is designed to be unobtrusive, letting you know only if a malicious site is identified, by displaying a clear warning message on your screen.
Will Webroot SecureAnywhere effect any applications on my device?
No. Webroot SecureAnywhere is designed to automatically set itself to the best possible configuration for maximum compatibility with applications and device. If however an application is not working as desired, you can make simple or advanced changes to the configuration. More information can be found on the Webroot SecureAnywhere manual Product Guides
Is there a user guide on how to use the Webroot SecureAnywhere software?
Yes, extensive product guides can be accesses by either right clicking on the Webroot SecureAnywhere tray icon and selecting Help and Support, clicking on the question mark symbol within the user interface or by clicking here Product Guides
Will I need regular definition updates for Webroot SecureAnywhere software?
No. Webroot SecureAnywhere does not require virus definition updates. Webroot SecureAnywhere software will be upgraded periodically, this will be automatic and will not require user intervention or a reboot.
Where do I go for customer support?
Customer support is provided by Webroot. You can access support directly from the product itself by clicking on Webroot SecureAnywhere tray icon and selecting Help and Support. Or you can click on the question mark symbol on the main page of WSA ID Shield.
Access Webroot Support pages
Raise a Webroot Support Case 24/7
What are the system requirements to install and run the Webroot SecureAnywhere?
Webroot SecureAnywhere has an extremely light footprint, meaning it has minimal impact on the speed of your PC, and will run effectively even on very low specification PCs. However, for best performance we would recommend at least the following:
- Intel®Pentium®/Celeron® family, or AMD® K6/Athlon™/Duron™ family, or other compatible processor
- 128 MB RAM (minimum)
- 10 MB Hard Disk Space
- Internet access
What operating systems and browsers does Webroot SecureAnywhere software work on?
- Microsoft® Windows® XP 32- and 64-bit SP2, SP3
- Windows Vista® 32-bit (all Editions), Windows Vista SP1, SP2 32- and 64-bit (all Editions)
- Windows 7 32- and 64-bit (all Editions), Windows 7 SP1 32- and 64-bit (all Editions)
- Windows 8 32-and 64-bit
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 7.0 and higher
- Mozilla® Firefox® 3.6 and higher (32-bit only)
- Google Chrome™ browser 10.0 or higher
- Opera 9 and higher (32-bit only)
Will the Webroot SecureAnywhere software slow down my PC?
Webroot SecureAnywhere is very different to other security products as it has been designed to be extremely quick and unobtrusive, with a high level of protection. It is small at under 1MB, and downloads in seconds. It is also extremely light, having minimal impact on the speed of your PC.
The software maintains a real-time link to Webroot’s threat database so that it is always up to date with the latest threats, so you do not need to worry about updates to your PC, which other security products need to do to protect you.
Do I still need to use the existing anti-virus software on my PC?
Webroot SecureAnywhere can replace or work alongside your existing anti-virus software, but unlike traditional anti-virus it is designed to protect your log-in details, such as username and password, as well as personal identity information like your bank account details.
Webroot SecureAnywhere is also fully compatible with other mainstream anti-virus products and will work on alongside your existing anti-virus software to detect and remove the threats it misses, and to protect your financial and personal information. You will not be asked to uninstall your existing anti-virus when installing Webroot SecureAnywhere.
Webroot SecureAnywhere Identity Shield
What is the purpose of the Identity Shield?
Webroot SecureAnywhere Identity (ID) Shield is a unique product specifically designed to protect you from on-line fraudsters. It assumes your device is already infected and automatically closes doors normally present in PC software to protect your online private information exchange on websites such as your bank.
Even if your device is already infected with a hacking tool such as a keylogger that reads, records and sends every keystroke you type on your device to a criminal organisation, Webroot SecureAnywhere ID Shield ensures keystrokes you enter ONLY reach the intended application such as your browser and not a hacking software such as a keylogger.
The ID Shield provides many more generic protectors that stop attackers from interfering or compromising your browser and ensures you go to the intended web site such as YOUR bank and not a website pretending to be your bank.
- Blocks phishing and know malicious websites
- Protects cookies and saved web site data
- Detects and prevents Man-in-the-Middle attacks
- Protects against keyloggers
- Protects sensitive clipboard data
- Protects against URL grabbing attacks
- Protects browser components from external attack
- Protects against Man-in-the-Browser attacks
- Isolates untrusted browser add-ons form data
- Blocks browser process modification attempts
- Blocks suspicious access to browser windows
What happens when Webroot SecureAnywhere ID Shield detects a malicious web site?
Webroot SecureAnywhere ID Shield is designed to provide protection without warnings and popups, allowing you to carry out your daily activities on your device. However, if you inadvertently stray onto a web site that has a known treat. WSA ID Shield will display a warning such as the one below. Unless you are absolutely confident that the web site you are visiting is genuine, for example it is not pretending to be your bank and does not contain malicious content, you should always “Close”.
: WSA is a very powerful ally in preventing cybercrime but is reliant on the individual acting responsibly. Ignoring warnings can result in compromised security.
Will my Webroot SecureAnywhere Identity Shield remove threats?
No, but if your upgrade your Webroot SecureAnywhere Identity Shield to Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus, Internet Security Plus or Complete it will remove any threats it finds. Webroot SecureAnywhere Identity Shield is offered to you free of charge as a secondary defense against malicious software that ordinary Antivirus software is either ineffective against, cannot find or too slow to detect and remove. You can upgrade your Webroot SecureAnywhere anytime by clicking on Upgrade or renew in My Account tab. Once you upgrade you do not need another antivirus and your PC will speed up, but you can keep your antivirus if you wish. WSA is compatible with other antivirus software.