American River Bank Foundation
Supporting the Most Vulnerable Women and Children
The American River Bank Foundation is committed to supporting organizations that create opportunities, enhance self-esteem and provide physical and emotional well-being for the most vulnerable women and children in the communities served by American River Bank. The Foundation is solely supported by American River Bank, its employees, clients and partners.
Since 2004, the American River Bank Foundation has donated over $1.4 million to local nonprofit organizations.
The American River Bank Foundation awards grants to 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations that address the critical needs of the most vulnerable women and children including but not limited to food, shelter, education and safety. We are committed to programs that benefit the communities within Sacramento, Sonoma, Placer and Amador Counties. Organizations may apply, regardless if they previously received funding.
The American River Bank Foundation welcomes proposals from organizations of different sizes, capacities and scopes of services. We seek to support organizations that can demonstrate the significant impact they can make in our community.
Other factors considered are:
- Clarity of purpose, engagement with the communities served, fiscal responsibility and accountability
- Organizational and/or program services & activities and quantifiable impact of a grant
- Does not duplicate existing community services
- Diversity of funding sources
- All applicants may request grants to fund a specific program.
- Organizations with annual budgets of less than $1 million, may apply for general operating funds.
- Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
Applicant organizations must:
- Be a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization
- Provide services exclusively to Sonoma, Sacramento, South Placer or Amador Counties and have the primary office and principal place of business located within this geographic area
- Have a governing Board of Directors, and
- Have an Executive Director who is responsible for the day-to-day management of the organization
- Be in good financial standing
The American River Bank Foundation does not fund:
- Individuals, private foundations or international, fraternal, social or labor organizations
- Political parties, candidates or lobbying activities
- Capital campaigns
- Advertising, benefits, raffle tickets, golf tournaments and other fund raising events involving the purchase of tables, tickets, sponsorships or advertisements
- Religious organizations, unless the program is a secular community outreach program benefiting the community at large (e.g.., homeless shelter, food bank)
Grants are typically awarded in amounts up to $15,000. The Foundation reserves the right to award grants in a lesser amount than requested.
2019-2020 Funding Schedule
|July 26, 2019||Grant applications available|
|September 13, 2019||Applications due|
|December 31, 2019||Grant recipients notified|
|January 1 - March 31, 2020||Funds disbursed|
|July 1, 2020||Grant Report Form due|
|July 2020||2020-2021 Applications available|
Board of Directors
Charles D. Fite
Chairman of the Board
President, Fite Development Co.
Executive Partner, Pisenti & Brinker LLP
David E. Ritchie, Jr.
President & CEO, American River Bankshares & American River Bank
Secretary and Treasurer
EVP & CFO, American River Bank
Kristie Kotaska, CPA
CEO, Veritas Accounting, PC
Board Member, Friends of the Front Street Animal Shelter
Mediator and Arbitrator, Judicate West
Founder & President, Sagent - Marketing That Matters
Owner & President, Linda L. Flood, Inc. Property Management and Sales
Philip A. Wright
President & Owner, Wright Investments Inc. DBA Wright Realty