Your Health and Safety Remains Our Highest Priority
CURRENT AS OF: Monday, April 20, 2020
Branch hours have been modified in the Sacramento, Amador or Sonoma regions as a result of COVID-19.
CLICK HERE for modified hours.
Your health and well-being is most important to us. On behalf of American River Bank, we would like to reassure you that we are here for you and are taking steps to reduce the uncertainty you may be experiencing during COVID-19.
We are devoting significant resources to help minimize the potential spread of the Coronavirus and are operating in accordance with the latest Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations and guidance. Additional measures to keep our branches clean and to promote good health among our employees have been activated. If you or anyone you have been in contact with have been feeling ill or symptomatic, please utilize the available remote services instead of entering a Branch.
We remain focused on ensuring you can continue to access and manage your finances. We have many services available for those who prefer an alternative to in-branch banking during this time. Below are services for your convenience, including:
- Night Drop Depositories are available 24/7 for personal and business deposits.
- Night Drop Depositories are located on the outside of each branch.
- Deposits made by 3 PM Monday - Friday will be credited on the current business day.
- Mobile Banking with Mobile Deposit and Bill Pay
- Online Banking with Bill Pay
- ATMs with access to the surcharge-free MoneyPass Network (over 24,000 ATMs nationwide)
- Please note: ARB branch ATMs accept cash and/or check deposits.
- Remote Deposit Capture for Businesses
Our secure Online and Mobile Banking platforms provide the flexibility for you to bank 24/7 from your home, office or other remote location. With these platforms you can:
- Check account balances
- Review and monitor account activity
- Make loan payments and move money between accounts
- Pay bills
- Deposit checks
- and more
If you are not currently utilizing these solutions, please contact your branch by CLICKING HERE, and we’ll be happy to help you get set up.
Branch hours have been modified. CLICK HERE for most up-to-date hours.
Be aware that there is an increase of scams and fraud during times like this. Fraudsters may try to sell health and wellness supplies, obtain personal information or engage in other illegal activities. We will never send you an email requesting personal information.
For additional information about the Coronavirus, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at CDC.GOV
American River Bank is prepared with expanded plans should the Coronavirus continue to escalate. Please continue to check our website for updates to this information.
Thank you, in advance, for your patience. Please take good care of yourself and those around you.