Electronic Banking Specialist
JOB POSITION POSTING
Job Title: Electronic Banking Specialist
Location: Rancho Cordova
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide prompt, courteous service to the Clients, employees and departments of American River Bank and its affiliates, promoting professionalism, confidentiality, and the desire to assist.
- Process requests for adds, changes, research, and assistance related to ATM and debit cards, Online Banking, Mobile Banking, EFT/ACH transactions and services, automated voice response system, core banking system, and any other products or services managed by the Electronic Banking Department.
- Monitor and reconcile bank control and General Ledger accounts; research entries as needed.
- Perform daily data processing functions, including: electronic file transfers; posting of Online Banking, ACH, and ATM transactions; ATM and Online Banking system updates; core banking system administration; and other related activities, including troubleshooting and technical support.
- Process and respond to action items and Client communication generated online (stop payments, wire transfers, enrollment forms), as well as Client Service and inter-departmental e-mail; prepare Client and inter-departmental communication as needed.
- Process claims of unauthorized EFT activity within mandated timeframes.
- Prepare, update and maintain written procedures.
- Adhere to applicable Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) requirements, internal procedures and Company Best Practices.
- Back-up all functions in the department, and assist with any related task as requested, needed, or assigned.
- Strong Client service, verbal and written communications skills; strong inter-department communication and cooperation skills; knowledge of business letter formats and email etiquette.
- Strong understanding of and comfort-level with electronic banking processes and terminologies (ACH, Debit Cards, Online and Mobile Banking, EFT Disputes and Data Processing); prior experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of debits and credits as well as the concepts of audit trails and separation of duties.
- Standard office skills such as: typing with accuracy and reasonable speed, business software applications, including Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word and Excel; FAX; Photocopier; etc.
- Strong computer/technical skills: basic troubleshooting, understanding of batch processing, transaction flow in a banking environment, and working in a thin-client or networked computer environment a plus.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team, maintain focus and pay strong attention to detail.
- Appetite for continuous learning; resiliency and a penchant for change.
The above description is not all-inclusive and American River Bank may change or modify this or any position as may be necessary.