Supporting the Most Vulnerable Women and Children
The American River Bank Foundation is committed to supporting organizations that provide food, shelter and safety for the most vulnerable women and children in the communities served by American River Bank.
The Foundation is solely supported by American River Bank, its employees, clients and partners. We have donated over $1.4 million to local nonprofit organizations since the Foundation was established in 2004.
The American River Bank Foundation welcomes proposals from organizations of different sizes, capacities and scopes of services that provide basic food, shelter and safety for the most vulnerable women and children.
Organizations with annual budgets of less than $1 million may (but are not limited to) apply for general operating funds; larger organizations must apply for funding of a specific program or service.
Grants requests up to $15,000 are considered. The Foundation reserves the right to award grants in a lesser amount than requested.
The American River Bank Foundation only considers grant applications from nonprofit organizations that:
- Are a registered 501(c)3 status
- Provide food, shelter, and/or safety for women and/or children
- Service the Amador, Placer, Sacramento and/or Sonoma counties and have the primary office and principal place of business located within this geographic area
- Have provided services for three or more years
- Have a governing Board of Directors
- Have a lead executive who is responsible for the day-to-day management of the organization
The American River Bank Foundation does not fund:
- Applications submitted after the deadline
- Incomplete applications
- Organizations that have been operating for less than three (3) years
- Individuals, private foundations or international, fraternal, social or labor organizations
- Political parties, candidates or lobbying activities
- Capital campaigns
- Advertising, benefits, raffle tickets, golf tournaments and other fundraising events involving the purchase of tables, tickets, sponsorships or advertisements
- Religious organizations, unless the program is a secular community outreach program benefiting the community at large (e.g., homeless shelter, food bank)
2020-2021 Funding Schedule
|July 30, 2020||Grant Applications Available Online|
|September 1, 2020||Application Deadline|
|December 31, 2020 or sooner||All Grant Applicants Notified|
|January 1 - March 31, 2021||Funds Disbursed to Recipients|
|July 15, 2021||Grant Reports Due|
Board of Directors
Charles D. Fite
Chairman of the Board
President, Fite Development Co.
Executive Partner, Pisenti & Brinker LLP
David E. Ritchie, Jr.
President & CEO, American River Bankshares & American River Bank
Secretary and Treasurer
EVP & CFO, American River Bank
Kristie Kotaska, CPA
CEO, Veritas Accounting, PC
Board Member, Friends of the Front Street Animal Shelter
Mediator and Arbitrator, Judicate West
Founder & President, Sagent - Marketing That Matters
Owner & President, Linda L. Flood, Inc. Property Management and Sales
Philip A. Wright
President & Owner, Wright Investments Inc. DBA Wright Realty
Tax ID 20 1791048