Health and Safety Precautions
Your Health and Safety Remains Our Priority
Branch hours may be modified in the Sacramento, Amador and Sonoma regions as a result of COVID-19. CLICK HERE for modified hours.
Your health and well-being are important to us. Be assured that we are here for you and are taking steps to reduce the uncertainty you may be experiencing during COVID-19.
We are devoting significant resources to help minimize the potential spread of the Coronavirus and operating in accordance with the latest Center for Disease Control (CDC) and State recommendations and guidance. We are taking additional measures to keep our branches clean and promote good health among our employees. We ask if you or anyone you have been in contact with has been feeling ill or symptomatic, that you utilize our available remote services instead of entering a Branch.
We remain focused on ensuring that you can continue to access and manage your finances. We have many convenient services available for those who prefer an alternative to in-branch banking, including:
- Night Drop Depositories are available 24/7 for personal and business deposits.
- Night Drop Depositories are located on the outside of each branch.
- Deposits made by 3 PM Monday - Friday are credited on the current business day.
- Mobile Banking with Mobile Deposit and Bill Pay
- Online Banking with Bill Pay
- ATMs with access to the surcharge-free MoneyPass Network (over 24,000 ATMs nationwide)
- Please note: ARB branch ATMs accept cash and check deposits.
- Remote Deposit Capture for Businesses
Our secure Online and Mobile Banking platforms provide the flexibility for you to bank 24/7 from your home, office or other remote location. With these platforms, you can:
- Check account balances
- Review and monitor account activity
- Make loan payments
- Move money between accounts
- Pay bills
- Deposit checks
- and more
If you are not currently utilizing these solutions, please contact your branch by CLICKING HERE, and we’ll be happy to help you get set up.
Branch hours have been modified. CLICK HERE for most up-to-date hours.
Protect Yourself From Fraud
There are reports of scammers requesting your personal information concerning economic incentives. We urge you to ignore these phone calls, texts or emails requesting information from you. If you receive a suspicious email or text message, do not respond, click on links, or open attachments. As a reminder, if we reach out to you, we will never ask for confidential information such as your name, password, personal identification number (PIN) or other account information.
For additional information about the Coronavirus, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at CDC.GOV
Here are a few resources for you with the most up-to-date information about the Coronavirus, economic impact payments and more:
- Internal Revenue Service
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
American River Bank is prepared with expanded plans should the Coronavirus continue to escalate. Please continue to check our website for updates to this information.
Thank you, in advance, for your patience. Please take good care of yourself and those around you.